Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 11th and 12th



Well, Monday, we were supposed to drive a field trip to the park, but it was so muddy, the teacher cancelled it. So, Laura and I came home and took long naps and played a little in between. The picture of her on the patio eating dirt is from the 11th. 

On Tuesday (today), we drove the 4th grade to Chuck E. Cheese's. Call me an idiot, but I never realized that when they stamp your hand and check it at the door, that they're looking at numbers to make sure someone isn't taking a child that isn't theirs. I think that's awesome. And that should tell you how many times I've been to CEC's. Anyway, you can call me an idiot for a second time because I left my phone in the office at school, so I had no camera to take pictures!!!!! ACK! Luckily, there are several machines there that will print your picture for you for a token. So, I dug into the 100 extra tokens that the teacher bought and took a couple of pictures from each machine. Laura is trying to get away from me in every one of them. Some are more obvious than others. I will be hanging all of them up in Laura's room when she wakes up from her nap.

I may be an idiot, but my daughter is NOT! As many of you probably noticed by my facebook and twitter updates, Laura said, "I love you" this morning. Keith, Laura, and I were in the car on the way to school. She was babbling a bit and then suddenly gave me a stunning grin. So I said, "I love you too, Laura." She immediately said, "I love you!" and gave me a bigger grin. It pretty much made my day. I'm glad that was her first sentence. Instead of "What are you doing?" with the attitude. Here's what Bibi (Keith's mom) had to say on the subject: "Isn't that the most wonderful thing?  I will never forget the feeling I had with each one when they said that to me.  Happy Mother's day."

The second picture is from today. When we got back from CEC's, we went up to Grammy's office. While we waited for Grammy to finish up some work, Laura hugged all the wig stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment