Monday, August 17, 2009

Hard to Swallow

Normally, whenever we go anywhere, we have the pack-n-play in the trunk of the car incase we're gone during Laura's nap time or bedtime. Yesterday, however, it wasn't in the trunk. It was at home, but that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that when it came time for Laura's Sunday afternoon nap, there was no pack-n-play. Instead, I put her to bed in her Aunt Zizi's bed and kept checking on her every couple of minutes (more frequently than normal).

The second time that I checked on her, Laura had found the box with beads that Grammy and Aunt Zizi make jewelry with. There were several beads scattered on the floor, and Laura was closely inspecting one that had an intricate design on it. I asked her if she had put any in her mouth while I took them all from her and put the box up out of her reach. She said, "No," but I wasn't so sure if she was telling me the truth. Either way, there was nothing I could do about it.

This afternoon, I found evidence that she had indeed put one of the beads in her mouth. In her diaper. It was very small and very round, so I don't think it hurt her at all to pass it. But I think that bead had something to do with the fact that Laura has had four poopy diapers since she took her nap yesterday afternoon.

Now, I just have to wait a couple more days to see if she passes anymore. *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment