Sunday, December 30, 2012

Describing "Mommy"

When the girls woke up this morning, I was in the bathroom with the door closed. After a few moments, Laura asked where I was. K: Mommy? Who's "Mommy"?
L: You know...*whispers* Adriel.
K: No, I don't know who that is. Can you describe her to me?
L: She...uh...you know: Adriel!
K: Yes, but what does she look like?
L: She...has...curly hair. And...that's all.
K: Curly hair, huh? What color is it?
L: Red.
K: What else? L: Her shirt...
K: She changes her shirt all the time; don't focus on her clothes.
L: But her shirt is...green?
K: She does wear green a lot. What else, besides her clothes?
L: And her shoes...
K: She changes her shoes too.
L: And she wears blue pants.
K: What about you, Karen? Can you add anything to this? Who is "Mommy"?
KJ: Adriel.
K: Yes. We covered that already.
L: Daddy, where is Mommy?
K: She's in the bathroom.
A: And for the record, you could also say that I'm tall for a woman. And currently fat, but I won't be day much longer.
KJ: Moooooommy!!!
L: I missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment