Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Country Drive ((Laura, Karen, architecture, funny, speaking))

We had a little extra time before the pharmacy would open, so decided to turn off onto a side road I'd never been on. I used to do this a lot, but I've never done it with any of my kids before.

I would point out this aspect of architecture on this house or that bit of landscape in that yard until the girls started pointing out things themselves. I learned:

Laura likes mid-century modern architecture, but not sixties ranch houses. She likes nearly all farm animals typically visible from the road.

Karen likes old farmhouses. And if it has a big, red barn, so much the better. She likes all farm animals period (unless we're at a petting zoo).

Laura saw a "tramp Pauline."

No comments:

Post a Comment