Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eyes in the back of my head

So, I was watching Doctor Who on the iPad in the kitchen, as I made myself an afternoon snack. A notification popped up for new email. Since the iPad is set to show the subject and first two lines of emails, I saw that the email was from me. And was essentially a string of random letters. And it happened again four seconds later. And again. And a fourth time. 

I walked into my bedroom and caught Laura jumping back into my bed. "Why were you playing on my phone?"
"I wasn't doing nothing!"
"I know. You were playing on my phone instead of sleeping."
"How do you know?"
"I have eyes in the back of my head." 

Dear Mom, I understand now. And I have even more tools to spy on my kids than you had to watch us. Sometimes, having extra eyes is fun. You should have seen the shock on Laura's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment