Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Little Snot

David has started a new habit. While nursing, if I try to do anything else (play on my phone, read a book, hold another child) he shoves it out of my hand and waves his arm around. Like he wants me to pay attention to just him while he's nursing. But, once I put whatever it is down and look at just him, he shoves my chin away so that I'm not looking at him, and then he shifts position so that his face isn't pointed at me. So, I'm not allowed to do anything else but hold him, but I'm not allowed to look at him either? Strange child.

This morning, David was alternating between nursing and talking to Daddy. So, I picked up my book, figuring that if he could talk to Daddy, I could read. But then he tried to take my book away, as always. I told him, "No, I'm reading." He gave me a beautiful smile and said, "Peas!" Keith and I looked at each other and said, "You said 'Please'! You CAN talk!"

No comments:

Post a Comment