Wednesday, February 19, 2014

When the chips are down:

Someone brought poker chips to the 100th Day Party.



A: Ooh! You got poker chips?

L: Yes. But I don't know how to play that game. Can you teach me?

A: Not at six. Maybe when you're older. 

L: Do you jump over them on the board to win?

A: Uh, no. That's checkers. Poker is a card game. The chips are just for betting.

L: Oh. I have cards!

A: You have Old Maid cards. Um...maybe a deck of standard cards.

L: Yeah! So teach me!

A: Four chips isn't enough to play poker.

L: Well, we have more of these. 

A: We do? 

L: In that blue box in David's room. 

A: Connect Four?

L: Yes!

A: Those aren't poker chips. We could use them that way, yes. But I'm not teaching you how to play poker.

L: Then what do I do with these?

A: Whatever you'd like.

L: I have an idea! *runs off*

A: What did you do with them?

L: I gave one for Daddy, one for you, one for Karen, and one for me. But not David because he can swallow them.

A: Heh. Ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment