Friday, June 20, 2014

Nightmares

For the last couple of nights, we haven't been as great about praying with the kids when we put them to bed. As a side effect, I've been waking up to deal with nightmares slightly more often. We'll make sure we pray tonight.

Most of the nightmares have been pretty standard "a big dog was chasing me" stuff. But this morning...

LF: Mommy, where's Daddy.
A: At work, why?
LF: When will he be home?
A: At the end of the day, like normal. Why are you crying?
LF: Because I dreamed we were watching a video. And it was just you, and me and LB and LM and Grammy and Grandad. And it was a video of Daddy playing with LM. And at the end of the video, it said, "Best Daddy." *bursts into sobbing tears.**
A: Oh, my... Come sit in my lap. I promise, Daddy is just at work. He's not dead. And if something happens to him, I promise he'll go to Heaven, and hang out with Uncle Ethan. And they'll watch you and make sure you're being taken care of. Would you like to talk to Daddy on the phone this morning?
LF: *nods while wiping tears**


Poor kid. It can't be easy having someone so important in your life as your uncle die when you're only three.

No comments:

Post a Comment