Monday, October 12, 2009

Can I apologize enough?

The main problem with this blog is that most of its readers also follow Keith and/or me on Facebook and/or Twitter. Therefore, I get really lazy about updating this since I'm updating those every day. I'm sorry. I know it's bad. Facebook/Twitter tend to be less permanent than blogger, so I know I need to keep this one up. Please forgive me.

So, here's where Laura is:
babycenter.com: 23 month old: Your toddler can probably hum and sing songs such as "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and make three-word sentences like "Cup fall down." She can probably follow a two-part request, like "Come here and turn around so I can comb your hair." Many kids this age also have fun identifying opposites like tall man, short man, or big block, little block. But if your toddler isn't doing all these things, don't worry. Children learn to speak at different rates, and your child may still be working her way up to this stage.

And here's where Laura's newest sibling is:
babycenter.com: Pregnancy 11 weeks: Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two -- nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.

Today, we went shopping for Laura's second birthday (1 week from today). Laura helped picked out her mix/match outfits for this winter. I also slipped some cool toys into the basket when she wasn't looking.

The following pictures are Laura playing in the Chick-fil-A cow mobile and sporting a Signs-esque aluminum hat to protect her from aliens taking over her brain. Haha. Dinner at the Kennedy's is always fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment